How to connect a smartphone
When you turn on your Tom Tom GPS Update GO CLASSIC for the first time, or after you’ve reset it, you’ll be prompted to connect your smartphone.
Tip: You may use your TOM TOM GO to connect several phones.
Using the TOM TOM MyDrive app to connect your phone
Go to TOM TOM.com/mydriveapp on your smartphone and download and install the TOM TOM MyDrive app.
- Launch the TOM TOM MyDrive application. Tap the device if you are not prompted to connect your phone.
- On the app’s main screen, there’s a sign next to the search bar.
- Make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and that it is discoverable.
- Select Settings from the Main Menu on your Tom Tom GPS Update GO CLASSIC.
- Go to the Bluetooth option.
- Click the Add Phone button.
- To pair your phone with your TOM TOM GO, follow the steps in the app and on your TOM TOM GO.
- Your navigation device imports your phone’s call history and frequently used contacts.
- In the Settings menu, you can easily alter the phone characteristics you want to use in Bluetooth.
Getting rid of previous pairings
Go to Settings, Bluetooth, and then Delete Previous Bluetooth Pairings under Paired Device to clean your device’s pairing history.
In the Bluetooth settings of Android/iOS, you can clear your phone’s pairing history.
Connecting a smartphone for the first time
When your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on and the phone is within range of your navigation device, your Tom Tom GPS Update GO CLASSIC will remember and discover it automatically.
Tip: To use the smartphone messages feature, open the MyDrive app.
Your TOM TOM GO syncs your phone contacts and call history once more.